Monday, November 13, 2017

Papertrey Christ is Born!


Hi everyone!

I've been having fun with some stamps I bought from Papertrey recently. I kind of fell in love with their $5 stamp sets...new ones come out each month...uto.....

But this one I HAD to have. 

When I was growing up, my family had a sign that we hung up outside every Christmas that said,"Christ is Born." My dad made that sign, and he hung Christmas lights all around it. After we hung up all the lights, Dad and I would go out into the street arm in arm, and gaze at the house. One of many of my favorite memories with him!

So of course this set reminded me of him, and it ended up in my cart!!!

I embossed it in white on some watercolor paper, then just brushed some blue water color over it. When it had dried, I did a bit of splattering with my brush. Then I cut it out with MFT's stitched rectangle. I adhered a piece of white foam underneath, and then adhered that onto the scalloped rectangle that comes with the Blueprint #20 set. One sparkly enamel dot from Stampin' Up completed the card.


I'm entering this at:

Word Art Wednesday (anything goes)

Christmas Card Challenge(anything goes)


Inkspirational (watercolor trend)

Supplies:

Paper: Tim Holtz watercolor, SU

Ink: SU white embossing powder

Stamps: Papertrey Christ is Born

Dies: MFT Blueprints #20

Other: SU enamel dot,white craft foam

11 comments:

Carole said...

What a lovely card ...simple and meaningful and I love the story that you have behind it...memories!

!neke said...

Just one word BEAUTIFUL !

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card!! {{Now I'm going to have to go get this stamps!! ;) }}
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenges!
Debbie ~ CCC DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful! That little sparkle dot is the perfect subtle finish. I can imagine how this stamp tugged at your heart strings.

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Isn't it nice to find something that brings back such fond memories....like this stamp for you. Beautiful card with so much meaning!

Billie A said...

Beautiful card. I love the embossed sentiment and the wonderful blue water color background. So glad you shared over at The Merry Christmas challenge.

Billie A
The Merry Christmas Challenge
Paper Play Sketches
Catch The Bug
Inspiration Destination
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
Sunny Day Crafting
Pause Dream Enjoy
Craftaholic R US

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and I love how the big bold sentiment is the focal point of your card. Looks great in white and against the blue wash.

Susan Powell said...

Beautiful - love the bold sentiment on the soft background. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

Marina said...

Yes I agree watercolouring is trendy and I think using a sentiment or quote as a focal point is too. This is a beautiful example of both, Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

samantha's cards said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at CCC.

LeAnne said...

You have the best supplies...this is just beautiful and makes me want to run to my craft room and make one just like it! Gorgeous! And what a wonderful memory to share, so sweet!